I got our Limeliters CD in the mail yesterday. To say that Ethan loves music would be an understatement. He's very passionate about his music and the Limeliters top the charts by his calculations.
.
Now, unless you grew up in the same house I did, you will likely not fully appreciate this post.
.
We've been listening to the same old tape us Lehnhof kids grew up listening to, and it's already poor quality has dramatically diminished over the years. Despite it's poor quality, my kids love it (particularly Ethan) and I can't listen to it without being reminded of my dad, who too loved the limeliters.
.
I've spent a good part of the last several months of my life rewinding the tape, then forwarding, then rewinding again to try and find the beginning of Ethan's various favorites on the tape.
.
Buying the CD on Ebay was the best $17.99 I've spent in a long time. He's been listening to it quite literally non-stop since it arrived. I can set it on repeat and am free to carry on with my other responsibilities. He carries the picture from the CD around, asking if we can go to it.
.
I'm not sure the limeliters are even alive anymore, but if anyone hears of a concert they might be having, let me know.
3 comments:
Under my lollipop, lollipop, lollipop, lolli-lolli-lolli-pop TREEEEE!
Never heard of them, but now i am curious. I'll have to look them up.
Mary,
Your bread is probably WAY better with the chocolate chips in it. I will definitely have to try that next time.
Post a Comment