An effort to document for posterity while attempting to maintain a sense of
sanity... Enjoy.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

a story by garrett

My Magic Sea Rock
.
This is my magic sea rock that I got at the beach in New Jersey. It lives in the midnight zone of the ocean. It's a magic sea rock. See those red specs? They're shiny parts that hurt the fangtooth or viper fish's eyes so that they'll swim away and not eat it.
.
The nice fish that didn't want to eat it gave it to me. But not really, when I was there it didn't come up and give it to me. It was an octopus that can go in all different zones. And it came up through all the different zones onto the top of the water and its head sticked out and it put it's tentacle out and threw it far up on the sea shore. Like 50 miles away so that the crabs couldn't get it. They live in the wet sand. The rock was way far away in the dry sand. And that's where I found it. And I took it home with me.
.
The End

Mom's note: Garrett told me this story tonight at bedtime. After about 1 minute into it, I interrupted him so that I could get a pen and paper in order to transcribe it for him. Aside from the magic part and the rock throwing octopus, he's accurate. Get your encyclopedia and check him on it- fangtooth and viper fish do live in the midnight zone of the ocean, and octopuses can live in all the ocean zones.

1 comment:

Mrs. Burch said...

Thanks, garrett for the science lesson for today. Mare, have you considered homeschooling this boy genius?