I LOVE putting up Christmas decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving. Especially while listening to Celine Dion and the Beach Boys Christmas Albums.
Garrett tested the lights and figured out that you can stack strand upon strand in one light socket.
I'm sure he did it safely.
We wondered if it was even worth the effort to put up our wimpy fake Christmas tree (leftover from our Wymount days when we weren't allowed real trees). Lydia's just the right age for 1) pulling all the decorations off of it, 2) trying to climb up it, or 3) knocking the whole thing over.
Still, the kids needed a place to hang their ornaments so we put it up. Surprisingly, Lydia hasn't even gone near it.
On the other hand...within one hour of having it up and completely decorated, ETHAN knocked the whole thing over. We had two ornament casualties.
We put it all back together and now it feels, looks and sounds like Christmas around here. Next year we'll get a real tree, but as a stand in, we got a real pine wreath so it also smells like Christmas.

4 comments:
How fun! I thought about putting up our tree, but decided to postpone it as long as I can because Charly is at that same stage of getting into everything. I'm going to have to put it up soon though because the older kids ask me about 50 times a day when we can decorate for Christmas!
We've got everything up except for our tree...which we are going to go cut down this weekend! I am excited for the adventure, but it's going to be DANG COLD cutting our own tree out of the woods!
so cute mary...i wish i could come over and see you all
So cute! I was just telling Mike that I would love to come visit NY somtime this holiday season and see you guys! :-) Your kids are growing up! - Jess
Post a Comment