Top 10 Reasons why I want out of this apartment:
10. No dishwasher plus no disposal in the kitchen sink is such a nasty pain in the neck.
9. I have to nearly silence the boys (or evacuate) twice a day in order for Lydia to take a decent nap.
8. Garrett uses the kitchen/living room/dining room as his personal racetrack on his bike.
7. Hardwood floors; They look nice, but they cover the entire apartment and I'm ALWAYS sweeping. These ones aren't glued down very well either. If you walk around without socks on, some boards stick to your feet and come out. (The boys do enjoy the puzzle of trying to put them back together in the right pattern though!)
6. 3 kids + a lot of laundry + community laundry.....it's getting old.
5. I REALLY want a garden! I'd take any sort of yard at this point, but a garden would just be swell.
4. It's only a matter of time before the upstairs neighbor calls DCFS on me. It certainly SOUNDS like I'm beating the heck out of Ethan when he lets out one of his ear piercing wails when something terrible happens, like when he drops his fork during dinner for example. And since I can hear his alarm when it goes off at 6 am, I'm certain he can hear each and every cry.
3. Sharing a bathroom with toilet training boys...
2. The hallway has become our newest storage closet.
1. In a desperate attempt to experience the elusive 'full night's sleep', we've started moving Lydia's port-a-crib into the living room each night. Then we move it back to our bedroom during the day for naps.
On the bright side...
I can clean the entire place in a matter of hours.
The boys have learned to sleep through pretty much anything (we've been known to rearrange their room, use a power drill, and vacuum in their room after they've gone to sleep).
Paper goods are cheap and Costco sells them in bulk
We don't have to mow the law.
I can call maintenance instead of paying a repairman.
5 comments:
i want a house too!!!!!!!
Amen, i agree! I want a house too!
Add me to the list of those wanting a house... I'd take a condo though too. I would love to be able to paint a room any color I'd like.
Hang in there, friends.
Amen!
Post a Comment