Here we go...
(this one's a repeate, but I really like it)

Anyone craving Fruit Loops?
Enough of the Toucans.
How about some Macaws?
Our first stop of the trip was to the Bird Park located outside the National Park. We thought we'd be looking at some pretty cool birds and such, but we had no idea we'd be right in the aviaries with them!
It was great, except for Ethan, who is slightly afraid of birds. We thought he'd be fine as we looked in on them from the outside like you do at the zoo. We were wrong. The bird park was also unlike the zoo in that you can't just walk around and see what you want and then leave. It's a path and once you're in, there's only one way out. That way out required walking through several aviaries.
Ethan is now admittedly terrified of all birds. Lydia's not too far behind him either. While this picture may not look like much, it's actually a Toucan hopping toward Lydia's stroller. It didn't get her.
Happily, the path ended at a little courtyard with a gift shop and a restaurant with an Argentine Band playing some really cool music with really cool instruments. It almost made up for the bird scare. We bought Ethan one of their CDs.



5 comments:
Too much fun!Josh says he's jealous!We're thinking we might have to plan a trip down there ourselves!
You guys are having such a fun adventure! I am jealous -
It looks like you had a totally awesome trip!!! I am completely jealous. Your pictures are GORGEOUS!! I especially like the one of the waterfall.
Hey Mary!
So fun to see your comment on my blog! I love to check up on you on your adorable blog to see your amazing experiences! You are so brave and beautiful and faithful and kind--I totally admire you! We miss you here!
(I want to make a trip out there just to see those incredibly beautiful waterfalls! Amazing! I thought Yosemite was somethin'...)
Your kids are so, so lucky to have such adventurous parents.
Post a Comment