Knowing that with Matt's job we will be moving around periodically, Matt and I have decided to really try and capture the experience of being where we are at any point in our lives. One such way of experiencing new places is with food. We are proud to say that we have broadened our "food horizon" since being near New York City.
*
Two of our newest food fancies: fondue and Mediterranean cuisine.
*
On Fondue: We met our friend, Mason, and his fiance, Mala, in New York a couple of weeks ago and went to a fondue restaurant. I know many of you are fondue experts already, but we hadn't ever done it before. We had a cheese fondue, followed by an incredible chocolate fondue. It was so much fun.
So fun in fact, that for my birthday last weekend we had our own little fondue party. We made a broth fondue for chicken and vegetables, and followed it up with a cheese fondue. We ate it while sitting on pillows on the floor and watching The Holiday. We planned to do a chocolate fondue as well, but the first two lasted for the whole movie, so we'll do chocolate next time.
*
On Mediterranean food: Last Saturday, Matt and I went to dinner at a French/Moroccan restaurant in New York called Marsailles. I admit that I was nervous to spend so much money on food that I didn't know if I would even eat, but we LOVED it. I seriously dreamed about our hummus appetizer that night.
I really love food.
1 comment:
one of our favorites as well! we like the classic hot oil fondue. we buy "fish and chips" batter mix to coat the meat or veggies before frying them. my favorite part is having a variety of yummy dipping sauces to try!
Post a Comment