Our Halloween rocked.
Instead of snuggling up sipping spiced apple cider we made Pumpkin Smoothies, which no one really liked but hey, we're trying to make the most of it.
We decided to carve a (as in one and only one) pumpkin at 4:30 this afternoon for the first time in three years. See, we're making progress.Our last minute (as in 5 minutes prior to the party) costumes won the awards for funniest, most creative and 1st place at our neighborhood Halloween party.
(can you read his sign? He's Joe the Plumber and I'm Sarah Palin. But you knew that, right? Please?)
I could have never gotten away with that one in Jersey...

And the kids had a great time on the neighborhood trick or treating trailer ride.
When we got home from trick or treating, I told the kids to each pick their 10 favorite pieces of candy, and then threw the rest back into our bucket to give away. To my surprise, they totally went for it, all excited about choosing their favorite 10. Well, huh. We are so doing that every year.
When we got home from trick or treating, I told the kids to each pick their 10 favorite pieces of candy, and then threw the rest back into our bucket to give away. To my surprise, they totally went for it, all excited about choosing their favorite 10. Well, huh. We are so doing that every year. 
And no one will ever know that Lydia's wearing last year's costume, right? She really wanted to be a monkey (because ever since Brazil, that's her favorite animal) but Carter's super cute monkey costume that Erin made was way too big. Then I thought it would be cute for her to be super girl to go with the boys, but I was too late to buy it and not ambitious enough to make it. She didn't seem to mind being a fairy again, since she got to wear glittery make up.
Happy Halloween!
19 comments:
You look awesome and I love Liddy's look as well.
...and I realized that the good thing about a warm weather Halloween is that you don't have to cover up their cute costumes with huge coats and hats. I will be glad to go back to the fall leaves and crisp weather next week.
What fun costumes for you and Matt! Talk about creative. :) And the kids look adorable.
I LOVE your costumes. You totally pulled them off.
I love the costumes. Way fun! And the candy idea is even better! Nice job.
Hi Mary! I am glad I found your blog! (off of Dana's blog) I enjoy your writing style and toughful insights about mother/wife hood. You make a great Palin by the way! :)
Okay that is suppose to be thoughtful....typing too fast will get ya!
Okay that is suppose to be thoughtful....typing too fast will get ya!
You guys look so cute. How fun that your neighborhood all got together. We have so much Halloween candy left I think we could use it for the next couple years with as many trick-or-treaters as we had.
Way to go!! Your costumes were super clever! I still remember Garret as the little pea-pod! It is cruel that they grow so fast. You guys are so cute.
Texas Halloweens are just not the way they should be...I agree. I missed the seasons a ton when we were there.
I love those last minute clever costumes. So much fun. I know what you mean about Halloween in the South....
Your costumes are great! I had a good laugh from it. The kids look like they had a blast!
Your costumes are great! I had a good laugh from it. The kids look like they had a blast!
look how cute you are!!! I would vote for you any day!
You guys all look great, but Mary Beth you win the prize! You totally look like Sarah Pallin!
Love your costume! So funny!
Love the costumes!! I never realized you could pull off a Sarah Palin!
You guys did ROCK it this year!
"Joe, you're rich...
Congratulations!" And you have a cute wife!
See you in Jan./Feb. You know how that goes!
Not that you need another person telling you how awesome you are, but you guys are awesome! You could totally pass as Palin! Have you worked the word "Maverick" into your everyday language? Glad to see you posting again! And thanks for the train passes at the zoo! That was super nice of you!
Post a Comment