An effort to document for posterity while attempting to maintain a sense of
sanity... Enjoy.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School Weekend

It's finally here. We are so looking forward to the stability and routine that is a natural byproduct of school being in session.

With one last trip to the community pool,
(is that an awesome community pool or what?)

...and a Back to School Celebration Dinner
(another great idea courtesy of NieNie)
...complete with a Tuxedo cake
(Ethan wanted Double Chocolate, and Garrett wanted Confetti Coconut, so there you go)

...along with back to school shopping, haircuts, prayers and blessings, I think we're ready to go.

Garrett starts tomorrow, Ethan starts next week.

Bring on the sack lunches, homework, and a little extra piece of cake for Mom during the quiet hours of the elusive afternoon nap.

(really this picture's sole purpose is to show off my new dessert plates from Luiz Salvador Ceramic Shop in Itaipava, Brazil. I love them.)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I do like the plates-- nice choice.'

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

Looks likes you guys had so much fun. Can't wait for Emma to go to school.