10 years ago, Matt was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Sao Paulo.
When we were engaged, he talked about taking me back there one day. I think it's so cool that he actually did.
Matt baptized Luana (on the far right) when she was 14 years old. In July we will join them in the Sao Paulo Temple where she will be married.
We met two of the families Matt shared the gospel with and baptized while on his mission. They are incredible, humble, faithful members of the church and it was an honor to meet them. I was so touched by their outpouring of love.
Matt baptized Luana (on the far right) when she was 14 years old. In July we will join them in the Sao Paulo Temple where she will be married.
Not having served a mission myself, it was really neat for me to visit the areas, the mission office, and the people that were a part of Matt's life for two years. I felt just a glimpse of the spirit of love and service that surrounds the work of the Lord.
2 comments:
What an awesome experiance! That will be neat for you guys to go back in July.
How cool is that to "experience" somewhat of Matt's mission days! that would be my dream to go back to Russia with Todd and meet some of his families! I'm loving your blog entries...what an adventure!
Post a Comment