An effort to document for posterity while attempting to maintain a sense of
sanity... Enjoy.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

oh what do you do in the summertime?

I was talking to my friend Kristin today, and realized why I'm so anxious for fall to arrive for good. ,

.
First of all, I know I sound like a spoiled brat complaining about the 70's and sunshine which seems to prevail in this part of the country. It's wonderful, but it gets a bit monotonous. After experiencing seasons that other parts of the country participate in, I've really come to enjoy the changes that come with each new seasons. ,
.
The biggest reason I'm anxious for the season to change is because this little Glauser family is pretty much stuck in a year full of summers. ,
.
Really, we are. ,
.
We're just getting over summer '07. It's a lot cooler today. Hopefully fall will stay for a few weeks. Then, we'll have a short preview of winter (a California winter, mind you) right before we move to Brazil in January. ,
.
Guess what January is in Brazil? ,
.
Summer. ,
.
We'll enjoy a sunny summer in the southern hemisphere, a rainy fall, and just at the start of winter, we'll move to Texas.... in July. ,
.
So, instead of shopping for coats and gloves this winter, we're stocking up on flipflops. ,
.
Like I said, it's a lot cooler today and cloudy. We're all so excited about it that we're building another fire in the fireplace. Maybe we'll turn on a Christmas movie, just to get things going.

6 comments:

G said...

Maybe you'll get lucky and next fall in Texas won't be as summer like as this one...

It is Texas, but even for here, having November frequently break 80 like it has been lately is a bit strange.

Here's hoping you can at least take advantage of end of season sales on both ends :)

Abby said...

Oh Mary! I know how you feel!!! We're doing everything we can to feel like it's Fall and the beginning of the Holiday Season despite it being so warm...

The cookies and fire look divine. I've been drinking hot chocolate and hunkering down under a blanket with a good book...I guess we'll do whatever it takes! :)

Abby said...

Oh hey, I meant to ask - where in Texas will you be?

Debbie and Bobby said...

I know how you feel Mary! I love the change of season. It sounds a little crazy to complain about 70's and sunshine but I would probably be doing the same if I didn't have a change of the season. Probaly my favorite times of the year are the beginning of each season. Good luck with all the summer!

Amber and Co. said...

Ditto, Ditto. I feel the same way. I love summer, but I don't know how I'd feel if I did a whole year straight! :)

Where is Texas are you moving? What company does Matt work for?

Rebecca said...

I know exactly how you feel. I miss the seasons we experienced up in Provo. Las Vegas pretty much has one season: hot. We cold enough, usually, to snow about once a year, but it definitely doesn't stick and there isn't any green to change colors in the fall.