My Conference Saturday consisted of 1 hour of General Conference followed by:
(What's General Conference? See * below)
.
4 Paramedics
20 little heart monitor sticker things all over my chest
1 CT scan
6 hours in the ER
and finally, a diagnosis of "it seems you just had an unexplained fainting"
.
Don't worry, though. I'm fine. Here's what happened:
.
I got up during the middle of the first session of conference (which was wonderful, by the way) to get a drink of water. A few minutes after I got into the kitchen, I evidently passed out for no apparent reason. I had labored breathing and was shaking enough that Matt thought I was having a seizure and called 911. I feel fine now, but have instructions to take it easy and not drive until I see the neurologist next week. I'm sure it's just a precaution and nothing to worry about.
.
Conference today was wonderful. My testimony of Jesus Christ and his restored gospel is strengthened. I feel spiritually filled and determined to be better- in so many ways. After a bit of a scary episode yesterday, I was so grateful to be at home today together with my family as we listened to the words of the prophet and apostles of God.
.
.
.
*General Conference is a semi-annual meeting that the worldwide membership of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints participate in and look forward to. The conference is broadcast from Salt Lake City, Utah and is available by television, radio, internet and satellite. There are two sessions on Saturday, two sessions on Sunday and separate meetings for the men and the women. At these meetings we are instructed, educated, and edified by our prophet and our apostles as well as uplifted through beautiful music.
13 comments:
Mary, I'm so glad you're okay! What a scare. Nice that you were able to watch both Sunday sessions after such a crazy day.
Holy cow, Mary! I hope you're okay and it was nothing more than a major head rush!
Wow, Mary I am glad you are ok! What a crazy and scary event! How is Matt doing after such a scary experience? (Tell him I can relate as I sat and watched Grant freak out in a hospital bed for months!) We will remember you, Matt, and your family in our prayers! We love you guys!
what? mary holy cow, i hope all is well!
That would be so scary! Did your kids see?? I too loved conference - it always makes for a fabulous, uplifting weekend (except in your case on Sat.!).
Mary - I hope you are feeling better today - that sounds scary. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love comments. I think I actually took your spot in the dinner swap group. It has been great not having to cook as much. Take it easy and feel better soon.
Mary! What a scary thing. Are you ok? Is Matt ok? I hope you are feeling better. ~Lindsay
Mary, I hope you're feeling better and that your neurologist appt goes well and nothing serious is wrong. I can only imagine how scary that must have been! I'm glad you're okay!
Nothing like a little unneeded drama for the weekend...or maybe it was needed to have a reason to apreciate what youhave? Anyway, I'm so glad you're okay, good luck with the Neuro. doc.
My Mary got really scared durring confernce becuase she looked over at me and thought I had passed out, but I really had just fallen asleep.
Glad to hear that it's nothing to worry about. Marks' comment was really funny.
That is scary! Hope all is OK! Congrats on Rio! You are so brave! Good for you!
Mary, I haven't checked your blog in a bit. I hope everything is OK!
Post a Comment