An effort to document for posterity while attempting to maintain a sense of
sanity... Enjoy.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

temple pageant

Pictures from our Saturday family outing to the Oakland Temple for the temple pageant:
The Pageant was very well done. Garrett and Matt (who were the only ones to watch the whole thing) loved it. Ethan enjoyed it for the first hour until he opted to join Lydia and I as we admired the fountain and temple grounds while we watched all the people of other faiths take wedding pictures at the temple. To her credit, Lydia lasted the first 45 minutes of the pageant.

4 comments:

Nancy Clark said...

Wait, wait. People go there for photo shoots? After getting married at a different location? Just imagine the confusion that would cause for missionaries who come knocking on their door, and then see the wedding pictures on their walls...

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

Mary,

YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD MOTHER! Everytime I look at your cute blog/family I just feel...the spirit shall i say? seriously you have the happiest lil life.

thank you for sharing.

Shelley Reid said...

Mary,

Your family is so cute. I love these pictures at the temple, your kids look so sweet. I love checking on your blog, it reminds me of when we were pen pals in junior high!!

That is so funny about other people taking pictures at the temple, I guess it can't hurt!

Mary Beth said...

NANCY: That's so funny. I never thought of the confusion that would cause the missionaries!

At first we were a little confused at the swearing we heard and all the strapless dresses, but when a friend explained that it's a popular destination for photos among the community it made sense.

I think it's wonderful. They have to at least question what the temple is and can't help but feel the spirit there.

It wasn't just weddings either. We also saw what appeared to be an Indian family taking an extended family photo, a graduation party, and a QuinceaƱera (Spanish 15th Birthday Celebration).

NIE NIE: I don't deserve your praise, but thank you. You, my friend, are quite the model for me as the ultimate supermom. I love you!

SHELLEY: I think that's so cute that we were pen pals! I've missed being in touch with you and feel the same way and reconnected to you through your blog, too.